Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 01:07 PM   #13
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I would not roll-over too easy. I would go to the owner of the shop and say....

"I was trying to help out a small local shop by giving them my business. I gave you a copy of the extended warranty so you had the information required to get the repair approved by the warranty company for the parts and labor before starting. I have spoken with other shops about the repair cost and it seems excessive for what was done. If the warranty company also thinks it is excessive, then I will not get fully reimbursed or they could deny the claim altogether.

We have three options to get this resolved:

1) You call the Warranty Company about the repair and get their approval for the parts and labor or what they are willing to pay for the parts and labor. If there is a large difference in what they think it should cost and what you are charging me, we will need to discuss how we handle the difference.

2) You can look at the parts and labor you are charging me and determine why it is so much higher than what other shops are quoting me. Perhaps there was an error or it took you longer because you never did this repair before. I should not be paying for your learning experience if that is the case. If you give me a price closer to what is the expected cost of the repair, I will feel more comfortable that it will be approved and I will be reimbursed by the Warranty Company.

3) I can open in a Case in Small Claims Court to get this resolved and it will likely go in my favor because: (a) The extended warranty terms and conditions were disclosed when I brought the coach in and you did not follow them and (b) you did not give me an estimate of the work to be done and cost for me to approve before beginning the work. This will both cost us time and you will end up losing the case and paying the court costs as well."

That is what I would do to get this resolved before I would write a $3000 check.
This is an excellent response to you problem.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum