Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 11:07 PM   #1
timononk

Brand: Still Looking
State: Quebec
THOR #17506
Coach batteries not charging connected to shore Please Help

First, thank you for your help...

She is a Huricane 2006, class A

The batteries charger ( under the bed) is new.
The charger is providing 12v power, ( running from the generator or the shore)

test batteries light show 12v
amp test running the furnace indicate 14 amp provided by the charger DC clamp test

The coach batteries is engaged and the selenoid in the box under the hood is working fine. BCC
when switch is off, no 12v power in the RV. (no shore, no generator)

when switch is on, 12v power in RV (no shore, no generator)

everything is working on 12v (no shore, no generator)

But, the charger is not charging the coach batteries !

If I read the voltage at the coach batteries ( no shore, no generator) I have 12.1v, when I read the voltage at the coach batteries after starting the generator or plug the shore, Ie still see 12.1v, event 3 hours later.

In conclusion, batteries provide power to the coach, charger provide power to the coach, but the charger doesn't provide any power to the batteries!

Is there a fuses or something somewhere that will separate the charger power to reach the batteries?

This doesn't make sense to me!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum