Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Alaska
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 05:07 AM   #13
azadv

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 29H
State: Arizona
THOR #10400
I bought my Outlaw 29H last year new and outfitted it for a trip to AK then the East coast from AZ, over 16K miles all together.

Alaska is AWESOME. I loved it and can't wait to go back. I met a lot of great folks there and had great adventures. It's truly the last US frontier. I spent a little over a month there, not NEARLY enough, mostly on the beautiful Kenai peninsula which is kinda where the Alaskans go locally for vacation... Then up though Anchorage to Denali for a bit and N again to Fairbanks and a side trip to the Arctic Circle. Then east to the top of the world highway to Chicken and Dawson City YK and back south through B.C. and Alberta to see the Stampede in Calgary before heading east to Toronto and Maine, south (and another 1.8K side off-road motorcycle trip from NC to NY and back to NC) to FL and west again to AZ.

I personally can't agree with the "horrible roads" comments, I thought they were fine. As far as sophistication of company and culture, who the hell goes to Alaska for sophistication? It's not NYC or Paris and I for one am glad! The AK culture is one of rugged individualism, like that of any frontier state. I love the outdoors & nature, meeting new folks that are have the same values and are self-sufficient and will help one another in need, and I found them there. AZ has a lot of ties to AK as I found out on that trip and since, we're both wildish-west type frontier states. For a few pics you can click the link in my sig.

All I can say is I wish I'd gone to Alaska 30 years ago, I think it's magical.
azadv is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.