Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 04:28 PM   #3
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
I live near a town with a 2400 population that's 47 miles from the nearest traffic light and we have two for sure, maybe four, places to buy tires. If they can't do the mounting they'd sure tell me who could.

I don't think we're going to understand the question because there is no difference in an rv tire versus a passenger truck tire, or if you're a pusher no difference than any large vehicle. Downtown Washington DC might be a day wait for mtrk's but your home state and its dually trucks is not representing what you said about tire places.
(we have no information about what your rv is)

What reason did they give for not doing tires and what don't you like about the cw that would affect a tire? When you asked those who said no 'who does rv tires locally', what were you told?
Except on-line as wisely suggested by Bob (but if they don't do rv's they sure aren't going to mount your tires) you need to ask locally if you're going to act locally.

Bob's right. It's too easy.

I'll be glad to post links to places that will supply you tires if I have more information. One of my cars uses an obscure, three weeks to round up old stock tires. Your problem might be more related to the old 14.5" metric rims on old Ford cars. It might not be that they don't do motorhomes, you might have 16.5 split rims or something too obscure (my 15" rim 4" wide tires. I'm told I got the last two nos and I'll have to go with Coker next time) to deal with.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.