Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 03:01 PM   #12
timononk

Brand: Still Looking
State: Quebec
THOR #17506
WOW, thank you for your time, really appreciate your input in regards to my problem

With the RV generator working, I check the voltage at the BCC on both pole of the selenoid for the coach, both pole had 12.10v.
With gen running again you read only 12.1 vdc on both sides of the coach battery latching relay (not sure how you are safely doing that inside the BCC ?) but it means the latching relay contacts are closed OK. What voltage do you measure on the House terminal on the outside of the BCC? This is the connection point from the fuse panel at the foot of the bed

The test was done at both House terminal outsite the BCC box, for sure, not inside the box.

Other test need to be done, but I will like to talk about my concern.

I used a car charger to charge my House batteries, the car charger indicate the voltage of the batteries, so you see the voltage changing from 12,1v to 12,5v, to 13.2v to .. this reading is the reading at the batteries pole.

My friend have a solar charger controler in his RV, in the morning, event if the charger is producing 14.2v, you see only 12.6v, going up slowly to 13.8v during the day. This is the same, this is the reading at the batteries pole.

My concern is that at the 12v fuses box under the bed, I should read the same voltage of the batteries pole, with or without the shore connected or the generator working.

Seing 13.65v at the fuses box under the bed it's not normal, it should be the same reading we see at the batteries poles. The charger will not produce charging amp if the voltage at the terminal of the charger is already indicate 13.65 v.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum