Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 04:17 PM   #9
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV1863 View Post
Love this post. We think the side cameras are the dumbest feature ever and quite frankly a safety issue for us. When we had the Axis we switched to the Jensen JRV215NR radio which had a setting to simply ignore the side camera feeds so the rear camera stayed on even when a turn signal was on. With the toad it is imperative that you understand your clearances to merge and switch lanes with the traffic around you. The rear camera does a great job for this. Losing the rear camera feed due to the side cameras – which provide nothing that you don’t already see just fine in your mirrors, was extremely frustrating. Just yesterday I was in talking to a RV shop to replace our camera system for our new rig. Ensuring that the new setup keeps the feed on the rear camera is our top priority.
I have found the side pcameras to be quite useful when maneuvering around tight corners, when pulling up to gas pumps and when backing into camp sites. But then I took the time to gain an understanding of their benefits rather than what I perceive to be their weakness. BTW, I do know how to use and adjust side view mirrors.

As a note, I like my new setup with the cameras on the side of the coach better than the cameras higher up on the mirrors. The Freightliner truck mirrors are 500 percent better than the Thor mirrors could ever be.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum