Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 05:40 PM   #16
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
I am not familiar with the Prog. Dynamics PD6000 panel nor is there a lot of info on their site about how to wire it that I can find. The only link about it with some pictures of the rear view of the panel are attached.

Installing new DC power distribution panel - Airstream Forums

From the looks of your panel it has either been overheated to cause what looks like solder flux to run down the face......or someone has re-heated the terminal connections with a soldering iron/gun to try to fix a broken connection perhaps? This panel does not look like it has the reverse battery protection fuses. From the hyperlink pictures rear view I am “guessing here”, the red cables (one from output of the converter and one from the + terminal of the coach batteries (via the appropriate BCC devices coming out on the House terminal of the BCC) would both terminate on the top common lugs for the 12vdc fuse bus. They “may” have a split + bus on this panel so some fuses power from one source and the rest from another terminal source, but to me (if there are no reverse battery protection fuses) the two + cables should terminate on the top lugs so they are electrically connected together.
The silver ground bus bar looks like it should terminate a - white coach chassis ground cable and the - white cable output of the converter. The coach batteries should have their own ground cable tied to the coach chassis. The ground bar probably also enables the LED lights to illuminate when a fuse is removed or blown. If in doubt about wiring on your panel, I would contact Prog Dynamics tech support to be sure there is no reverse battery cable protection fuses anywhere; and where exactly the battery and converter + cables terminate. So my “guess” here is the red + cables should be tied together electrically so when on shore or gen the converter output feeds fuses and charges your batteries. When you measure voltage on the two red cables on your DC fuse panel you should get the same reading if they are electrically connected.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum