Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 08:54 PM   #19
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Is this what you think: or what you hope?

I would almost be "almost sure"; that Thor has a fair amount of time and effort invested in market research.
If they saw a perceived "hole in the product line": they would have filled it.

And what exactly do you think they are doing now?

Their experts got future trends wrong, the market has been changing for a few years, and now Thor is scrambling to “fill a hole in the product line”.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Article

North American Motorized RVs

North American motorized RV sales were $415.9 million for the first quarter compared to $431.2 million in the prior-year period. The decrease in motorized sales was primarily driven by a shift in product mix towards lower-priced products.

I “think” Thor, like most large companies, are slow to change. Smaller, more nimble companies, adapt to market swings faster.

I “hope” Thor will build a Hymer-size Class A in USA. Whether they call it an Axis or Hymer doesn’t matter to me as long as it has better design and build quality. However, I don’t expect this to happen.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum