Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 12:06 AM   #6
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
agreed, I don't see any benefit in 'prepaying' 3 or 4 times the amount that you can spend on GC2 flooded batteries, like the DURACELL brand at Sams Club or Batteries + Bulbs stores.

why do folks want to spend so little on an RV, yet want to turn right around and 'overspend' on batteries and other stuff? I think it's easy to get 'caught up' in the RVing lure, seeing what 'others' have', and being convinced that somehow what 'came' with the RV in the first place is somehow 'substandard'.

If you buy a Prevost, I would agree that spending whatever you wish on batteries can be financially warranted, but when we have a entry level RV it might be prudent to stay on the same path when it comes to all the 'extras', 'accessories', and 'replacements' we think we need.

For some reason, too, flooded 'lead acid' batteries that we've all grew up with, probably have in every vehicle we own, is suddenly somehow 'less than good' for our RV.... Flooded batteries have proven to be the most financially beneficial batteries for the House power that we need when off-grid. Solar power, AGM and LioN batteries, and such can be very appealing, but sometimes not the benefit, for the long-term, that they may be 'sold' as... and, if 'watering' flooded batteries is such a chore, most folks probably don't need to be RVing, since there is a lot of work in going camping! : ) Happy RVing!
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum