Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 05:29 PM   #1
bkterbush

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Michigan
THOR #16562
Atwood Furnace Issue

Hey Awesome Forum Members,

I have a Thor Freedom Elite 26 HE with an Atwood Furnace AFMD 30141 model.

Recently it has not been working on a consistent basis. On occasion, it will turn on the blower, the blower will run, there is no ignition sound or attempt to ignite, and then it will shut off, and stay off. The blower will run for a couple of minutes when it makes the attempt when prompted by the thermostat.

All other propane items in the motorhome are working well...water heater and stove.

I go outside, take off the panel, move some wires around, and switch the reset switch off and on a random number of times, and it will eventually light.

Started about 2 weeks ago. The time between when it is working and when I have to go and mess with the switch has become increasingly brief. This morning it ran once, I did my magic (?), and it didn't run again.

I'm pretty sure I have my model number correct. My Atwood book says:

Literature Number 31973
hydro flame
Furnace Models
Series AFS
Series AFM
Series AFL

Like I said, I think mine is a Model # 30141. Though it is under the two year window for warranty, nobody will work on it within the next month. I'm going to attempt this myself. Any help in regards to part #'s and stuff would be awesome.

I've come up with changing the control board and the sail switch (whatever that is, but many say I should do this when I do the control board.)

The part that I keep coming to on Amazon is an Atwood 31505 circuit board and the sail switch is Atwood 36680.

Help,

Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	furnace pic.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	21803  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum