Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 04:03 PM   #10
Dubya

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Georgia
THOR #4988
Best fix I've found.

It seems everyone has this issue. It was the same issue on our previous and current units. To make it more readily usable, you have to separate the three coax cables coming in from outside, the roof antenna, and the one going to the televisions. It's not that difficult and allows you to set things up for cable, satellite, or antenna with just moving a jumper. Pull the cover plate off and the cables will come with it. Remove the cable coming from outside and relocate it. I drilled another hole for it in the same cover and remounted it. Do the same with the single coax going to the TVs. Now you have a source for outside and another for the roof which includes the amplifier. You can then attach the satellite box to the incoming from outside and out to the TVs. If satellite isn't available, you can use cable or the roof antenna by attaching a short jumper from the outside (cable) or antenna to the TV outlet. It sounds a lot more complicated than it is. But it has worked well for us on both units. My wife made labels for the three coax connections so I dont have to remember which is which.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum