Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 08:25 PM   #7
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance
Short term it would be nice to eliminate TV and send campground cable signal to tablets. That solves many issues, including temperature. I may look into that first although initial search makes it seem more involved than I expected. Two wireless TVs would be very nice to have.

Longer term I'm hoping that options that are pricey today may come down in cost. Either way I don't see us having multiple TVs in an RV in a few years.

Any thoughts on what may work on simple basis to replace TVs?
Sure: simply "unplug" (e.g. don't get cable at all and use all streaming services).

Going the all streaming route you only need a WiFi connection. Unfortunately you can't get everything via streaming (live sports is the standout here).

In addition, many campground's WiFi/internet connections don't have the bandwidth to support streaming for a single camper let alone a bunch of RV'ers streaming.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.