Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 04:01 AM   #5
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
i have several items we use under the jack pads if conditions warrant
and i also have two 2" tall x 18" wide pads that will fit under the rear duals

I made up different sized pads by using 1" x6" hard wood waste wood from lumber shipping
its real 1" thick.

i glued them up to make a pad 2" thick and 12" x 12" for rear jack pads to prevent sinking in asphalt or crushed stone or grass.
i have four of these as i have four jacks

I also have made up a pair of 8" x8" pads made up of 2"x4" s i had left over
so its 3" thick to give me some more if we get to a weird place, which does happen every now and then. but i don't ever have more than one rear wheel off the ground, and i try every option before i let that stand.

if we are in a place where it looks like the rear wheels may be coming off the ground, i will roll up on the 2" long pads and get that side level in the rear so the rear jack is only stabilizing and not lifting the rear off the ground.

i have a few times been in odd places where the front is high in the air. makes for entry to bus a bit hard

i also made up several big chocks to stuff at a wheel to help stop any roll back or wiggling
Let me see if I follow.

1. You are basically saying I should use wood and make myself versus the plastic stuff

2. You have 3 sets you have made
a) 2"x18"x18" These are for rear Duals so you only have 2
b) 2"x12"x12" You have 4 of these and they are 4 pads for leveling jacks only
c) 2"x8"x8" you have 2 of these for just in case?
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.