Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 04:21 PM   #14
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
A different take (which seems to be my lot in life on this forum)

Our rv came with, no exaggeration, fifty of the yellow Legos.

We can level our 24.1 within a couple ofdegrees without any of them 8 of 10 stays and we have NEVER used leveling blocks.

I think leveling has become an obsession/cultural ceremony.

We easily learned to not complain about a degree or so.
Everything in the coach works just fine.

We will however install an automatic leveling system.
It will lift a tire when a flat or maintenence is needed and it will be nice to be level. It just won't be a ceremony to be level.

Maybe we adapted this attitude due to our boondocking.
We don't feel we HAVE TO hook up to sewer and water and even electric just because it's there. We do it when needed and usually just long enough to fill/charge/dump, reel it up and be ready to run at a moments notice. We feel the same about leveling.
I'd rather be ready to go than spend time leveling and in turn unlevelling.

A towed, certainly a sillily long rv, a frivolous and loud spouse, ocd or a more permanent spot of a week or so would certainly change my mind about how we set up and break down.

Just an idea about how easy we try to make life.

Look up line-lock.
https://www.googleadservices.com/pag...hoC308QAvD_BwE
It's a mechanical or electrical parking brake for front wheels. Cheap and easy. That set of butt and rebutt can be put to bed for under $100.(it's also a great a anti-theft device if you have the need for such comfort)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.