Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2015, 01:42 PM   #3
ournextstop

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo
State: Florida
THOR #2248
Thanx for you input. I still have more to learn so what I will say now may change, but they say initially the in-wall motors were able to handle the stress but you can see the damage to the rack where the pinon gear eventually slipped and damaged the rack. That was the loud metallic banging sound we started hearing that caused me to first look more carefully at the slide. The rear edge of the slide may not have been securely against the RV wall for some time but not noticeable.

While we each have to follow our own feelings - I certainly would not eliminate slides from an RV because they might be a problem. Over the last 10-11 years we have owned 4 RVs. This one and the two previous ones had a total of 9 slides and this is the first one that has presented a problem. In one of the RVs we had to replace the refrig, should I avoid RV's with a refrig, in another one the transfer switch went out, should I avoid those with transfer switches!
I do recognize there are some folks that advocate no slides for a variety of reasons and I can respect their decisions. But, for us the slides offer more usable
space and greater comfort so I cannot see us not having one with slides regardless of how this turns out.
I posted this on another forum too and have connected with an owner who has had a similar problem so I am learning from him too!
Thanx again for your interest.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum