Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2020, 09:23 PM   #7
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
That is awesome coach. If you find one that meets an excessively rigorous Pre - PDI Inspection, and it is what you like, do not be discouraged. Go for it if you find the right price.

Hope this helps Good Luck!!!
I miss the edit cutoff, I cleaned up a few typos.

That is awesome coach. If you find one that meets an excessively rigorous Pre - PDI Inspection, and it is what you like, do not be discouraged. Go for it if you find the right price.

It is very similar to the 27B that we tried to buy, but could never get past workmanship issues with units we were pursuing to get to PDI.

But you asked for pros & cons. If you assume I like the coach (which I do), then I will list a few things that factored in our decision to pause beyond the aforementioned workmanship issues.

1. Can you access the full bed with slides in? We almost compromise this. Thus far 70% of the time we have slept with slides in (while traveling)
2. Outdoor kitchen? We almost compromise this thinking TV would be sufficient, but our outdoor kitchen is a favorite for us. It helps to keep guest outside. The outdoor fridge on inverter with the lights make our setup really nice. We went from no outdoor kitchen to one of best outdoor kitchens I have ever seen in an RV. In fact we are planning to redesign our fence to park in such a way the RV's outdoor kitchen can serve our backyard along with the 40" TV.
3. Blackout Shades. You can fix this later for about $350/window (professionally installed), but the curtains in the 2019 27B we were looking at had dry rotted on the outside from the sun. There were white flakes all over the driver / passenger cabin area. I am constantly pulling the blinds up / down and it is a breeze with the MCD blackout shades.
4. See if you can lower the bunk without moving front seats? We couldn't; and thought that it would be potential hassle to move each time?
5. The wallpaper used in the bath was disappointing. As if the fake tiles was not enough, the unit's wallpaper we were looking at was not cut straight. We were planning to rip it out and put in some real tiles had we bought it.
6. Check to see if there is only one compartment for both gray and black waste tanks? On the 27B you Gray and Black drain connections are in separate compartment bays!!! From what I have experienced thus far, that would be a real pain.

Hope this helps Good Luck!!!
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum