Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 02:59 PM   #1
BigSarge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37ND
State: Ontario
THOR #3357
"Challenger or Lemon-ger?"

Hello fellow Thor customers.

Season one with our new 2015 Challenger 37ND has come to a close, with the coach bundled up for the winter and with hopes of a better second season.

Can anyone relate to our 'challenges' with the Challenger that we experienced in our inaugural year?

We took delivery in June and save for four outings (including a 1500 miler to Virginia and around), the coach has seen more of our dealership than campgrounds.

Aside from little delivery issues (mismatched pillow, chairs, etc...) here is a list of the shortcomings we have experienced.

- poor handling (upgraded to a Blue Ox 'TigerTrak' and 'TruCenter' - night and day in the handling department
-continuously running converter that turned out to be defective factory coach batteries
-luggage doors that open on their own, usually on the highway
-cracked and faded vinyl dash
-broken windshield washer pump
-defective 'brake boost' mechanism
-hood latches that didn't line up and the hood popped open while driving
-spider crack in the front cap fibreglass on the corners
-a most annoying squeak in the driving compartment that has yet to be rectified

My dealer has been more than accommodating and thorough in their attempts to address these issues, but with each turn of the key we think, "ok, what next!?"

As I read somewhere in a previous post, the only that works on an RV is the owner.

Here's hoping I'm the only one and all your travels are safe and worry-free, but sadly, I suspect I am not alone.

I'd welcome any similar stories, fixes and inspiration.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum