Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 09:00 PM   #11
Skip 500

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 24F
State: Arizona
THOR #2878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz102 View Post
Thanks for all the replies. I did find those labels by the driver's seat and it says "82" so I'm starting out like that. The tires are Goodyears. We're heading out for Florida so I'll be seeing how smooth 82 is and going up to 90. We're just 2 people and tanks are empty except gas tanks. Thanks again!
Watch your tire wear and if you star seeing a little more wear on the outside edges of the tread, increase it to 85 for a better tread contact patch. Always check the manufacturers recommendations on the sidewall of the tire and do not exceed their pressures. The labels by your seat are based on "Engineering Judgment" and are based on ride and not on tire wear/manufacturers recommendations. Just ask the Ford Explorer engineers who recommended too low of a pressure which caused a lot of blowouts and deaths due to under-inflated tires.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.