Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: 2016 changes
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2015, 12:58 PM   #10
here4now

Brand: DRV
Model: Tradition 375KPS
State: South Dakota
THOR #2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
We have the new screws at the end of the strips. I'm thinking the head connection is thicker and is why they switched. Plus as a bonus I bet the strips are cheaper as they do not need to be tappered. A plus for both of us.
I don't think they replaced the screws because the new ones are any thicker or stronger. I think it's because flat head or oval head screws are unforgiving with respect to spacing because of the taper on the backside of the head. Differential thermal expansion between the fiberglass wall and metal trim strip will alter the spacing between the screws and holes and will eventually cause a screw head here or there to pop off.

Round head or pan head screws, especially if the hole in the metal strip has a little clearance, will allow a little movement between the screw and the metal strip.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum