Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 05:11 PM   #14
pstandiford

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
jbrophy, I see you are also in a 31L.

We have really enjoyed ours. It's a good floorplan for us. We've had a few issues, the really major thing was rot in the back wall. Keep an eye on your lights, especially your tail lights, for any signs of moisture in them. They WILL leak, and there is raw wood in there. There's a thread or two on here about that.

I've never really felt that my handling was all that bad to begin with, but it's bad enough that my wife won't drive it. Because of that, I did a bunch of research on this topic. Otherwise, mine isn't bad enough for me to run out and spend a bunch more on these suspension modifications. Lower Tire pressures helped a lot though, and I might do these things some day just to make it a bit better, and easier for DW to drive if she ever needs to.
We also have a 31L and have enjoyed it. Got it at the end of July. Our handling is not bad but do have what I call wandering. Seems like I have to constantly correct the steering. Back and forth. Took it to a truck repair facility (only place I could find to work on it) and they did an alignment. It seemed to help but still seems like there is a lot of wander. Doesn't matter if there is a wind or a truck passing it just tends to not go straight down the road. Glad to see another 31L owner on here.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.