Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Squeaky Floor
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2015, 05:48 PM   #2
rving2015

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37tb
State: California
THOR #2678
Hi Ben,

Are you sure its coming from your floor? I ask because I too had a squeak and found it was coming from the wood column that frames the slide out. When the slide out is retracted it was rubbing against the refrigerator wall therefore wood against wood made an annoying knocking sound. I filed down the biggest portion of the little crown located at the top of column that was hitting the refrigerator wall and also i put a piece of self stick felt on another portion and it eliminated the knocking or squeak while driving down the road. I happened to have my rv in front of my home before heading back to storage which is the challenger 37tb 2016 so I can take a pic if you think this is your issue? I also looked under the bunks and found one of the rollers that sit on a block that is supposed to be screwed to the floor just sitting with a 2 of the 4 screws only into the floor about 1/8 of an inch. Thats another topic but check it out.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum