Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 06:06 PM   #14
MikeAndMad

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #3369
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
I didn't for the first 9 months of ownership either.
Same here. We used it one time between the time we bought it and the time we drove from CA to ME. It sat for at least 2 1/2 months between the time of that single use and the time we drove to the East Coast.

Right now the unit is sitting in our driveway and I can keep it plugged in for the house batteries. We're on a waiting list for a storage lot within 3 miles of home. That would mean a complete disconnect from 120VAC and I'm looking at solar chargers for the chassis battery.

I have a workaround while the Vegas is sitting in the driveway. The generator really should be run every now and then. Leave it for much more than a week and it takes quite a bit of cranking to start. Every 2-3 days, I'm going to run a battery charger off an extension cord plugged into one of the outside outlets. It's not elegant, but it does kill 2 birds with one stone in that it will keep the chassis battery from dying as well as keeping the generator limber.

MikeAndMad

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.