Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 11:53 AM   #9
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9841 View Post
Today I installed my break controller. I can truly say that this was an adventure. First of all, my unit came with a 4 way flat plug, therefore, I had to find the wires on the back of the coach to wire the up a 7 way flat. After researching and calling Dave (thanks Dave). I finally understood the wiring. I was able to connect the blue (break wire) to the trailer connector and run a black (12v) wire from the back of the coach to the front. I installed a 30 amp reset fuse before connecting to the positive port on the battery. After working into the evening with daylight dwindling, I connected the break controller to the wiring harness and (thank god) the break controller recognized the trailer. The wiring harness for the 2016 ACE was located on the left side of the steering column.
For having absolutely no experience with wiring, I am proud to report that after 7 hours and 2 runs to Lowes I finished my project.
Dan

No problem. Al I did was confirm what you had already determined.
As a note, I looked at the specs and features for your ACE and it was supposed to come with the 7 pin round connecter at the hitch. That is however, dependent on the build date and the specs do not specify the start date for the 7 pin and 8K hitch. Someone may have goofed on the build.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.