Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2015, 03:45 PM   #6
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
Ford new 6 speed story - anyone heard this? - iRV2 Forums. Here are some good discussions on the 6 spd.
I didn't read through unrelated opinions, but the original post suggesting that there was vibration due to the new transmission being slightly longer, and that changing the driveshaft angle so much that it would cause vibration above 40 MPH seems highly unlikely to me.

These chassis come with different driveshaft lengths, and while they are in sections, there is little chance that a couple of inches of extra transmission length would be that significant over wheelbase differences close to 70 inches.

Anything is possible, but I trust Ford engineers can handle a driveshaft angle. The problem with these types of stories/claims on the Internet is that there is no way to know who started them, or if they had an ulterior motive.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.