Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 11:36 PM   #13
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
I recently added the Tire Minder TPNS system to monitor MH and toad... First trip the outside temp went up significantly in the week before the trip - so it alarmed for high pressure... so I know what it sounds like... Reduced pressure a bit at next rest area and finished the days drive.
Got it set right for second leg of the trip (outside temp had gone up another 20 degrees) and worked well.

In heavy rain - I got a couple of short (seconds) 'No Sensor' warnings for the toad tires - once for rear MH tire (with booster installed in rearmost utility compartment on MH...) - other than that worked great.

For battery life - these sensors 'turn off' (stop transmitting) when no pressure - so removing them extends battery life - just label which came from where (or reinitialize/reset the unit when putting them back on so the monitor knows the right positions.)

This one will monitor up to 22 tires... has different sensors (aluminum) for cars with aluminum valve stems (those with their own onboard TPMS use these) to avoid the 'mixed metal' problem.
There is a simple 'disconnect' mode to tell the monitor the toad (or MH) is no longer there.

Only thing it didn't have was 'flow thru' sensors... Have to remove them to add/remove air...
So far I like it..

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.