Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 04:26 AM   #2
anaro
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Crossroads
Model: Zinger ZT26BL
State: North Carolina
THOR #91
If your not using it I would winterize it. That means dump the grey tank and black tank if you can, if not put a little of the pink stuff in them (rv antifreeze is usually available at Wal-Mart). Drain your fresh tank and leave empty. Do you have a kit for wintering? I would pump pink stuff through all your lines until it runs out every faucet (drain and bypass water heater leaving it empty). It usually takes 2-3 gallons max to do everything on my trailer. Don't forget the outside shower if you have one. Or if you have an air compressor you can blow the lines out instead of using the pink stuff. An adapter for your compressor is usually available at Wal-Mart or any rv store. Not positive of max psi but I think it is around 40psi... someone who uses this method can better help you. Good luck and try to stay warm..... It will only be 9 degrees here in nc on Tuesday. Glad we have the pink stuff already in ours.
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.