Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 01:23 AM   #5
jlabit

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds Hurricane 33T
State: Florida
THOR #484
Getting cold tomorrow night in Florida

Thanks for the responses and replies. Your assistance is greatly appreciated. Temperatures are back to their normal 60 degree high now. I ended draining the fresh water tank, then using a pump to pump anti-freeze through all the lines (kitchen sink, bathroom vanity, shower, and outside shower) until the pink anti-freeze was coming out the faucets. I pulled the plug and drained the hot water heater, and then put a gallon of anti-freeze into the black and gray tanks. I left the gray tank empty except for the anti-freeze. I also turned on the furnace and left it set at the lowest setting, which is 55 degrees. Anybody got any idea how much propane gas that furnace burns? The tank has an 88 pound capacity. Don't know how many gallons that is, although it probably is about 11 gallons if propane weighs what gasoline weighs. Not sure how long it will last with the furnace turned on. I'm not going to undo anything I've done to winterize it until I'm ready to camp again. In any event, I hope I got it right. Thanks again for your assistance. I'm new at this, having purchased the motor coach this past August.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum