Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 10:46 PM   #13
Delco Bobby

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Dynamax REV 24 RB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #3069
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV1863 View Post
My first impression has been positive.

However,…..at the end of the day I purchased an RV with the expectation that it is an entry level coach. And even among entry level coaches, it was on the less expensive end. Tens of thousands of dollars means the cost savings will show up in places. I’ve spent a lot of time trying to beef up things like re-stapling seat cushions (yes the back-end seat cushions are stapled). Every drawer had to be re-stapled. Velcro strips were replaced so that they were properly located, exterior storage compartments need upgraded locks, shower and privacy curtains need upgraded to something that will last more than a week, the dinette cushions need to be replaced with something that actually fulfills the function they were intended for (trying to contort the cushions in place to make a bed is a joke) and I could go on.

But at the end of the day I would have spent nearly double to get a more refined coach, and that would mean there WOUDN’T be a coach. So for me, the Axis is great, it drives well, smaller size fits our needs, gets slightly better gas mileage than larger rigs, and most importantly, allows my wife and I to get out there now.

If your expectation is a well refined, high-end coach, The Axis/Vegas may need some custom or after market upgrades to meet your needs. No right or wrong, just right for you.
Thanks. Knowing what to expect helps to limit the aggravation.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.