Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 08:38 PM   #1
brucev

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
THOR #2544
Need help diagnosing low and intermittent LP gas flow.

We spent New Year’s boon docking in Joshua Tree National Park where our 2015 Hurricane came up with a new problem (nothing new, every trip it is something else). The heater would cycle on and the burner would light but only burn for maybe 2 minutes and then shut down. I turned the stove on and you could watch the flame fluctuate from high to low and low to high then eventually go out, almost like it was out of fuel. Gauges were showing just under ¾ full and when I checked it with hot water on the outside of the tank, it also appeared to be between ½ and ¾.
I am thinking it may be temperature related because the night time temps ranged from about 25 to 35 and the inside temps were in the low 40’s because I could only get the furnace to run for about 2 minutes and then shut down about every hour. Does it make sense that it is a faulty pressure regulator or excessive flow device? I’ve had travel trailers for over 25 years and never had a problem with the propane systems. I tested it again when we returned home and it appears to be working when temps are in the 60’s to 70’s so I am expecting the dealer to tell me there is nothing wrong and hand me an invoice for trouble shooting that Thor won’t cover. Probably easier to deal with it myself.
Do any of you have any ideas or advice?
brucev is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum