Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 11:50 PM   #11
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
I have the Invisibrake permanently installed in 2010 Jeep Wrangler... Installed by CW in Belleville, MI - and it works great... (and they did a great job... no issues at all) They did the job in a day - I dropped off the Jeep the evening before - drove down after lunch with the RV (needs monitor wire run to dash) - and towed the Jeep home that evening after they walked me through everything (same visit had the base plates installed on Jeep and towbar set up.)

The Invisibrake is wired directly to the battery... and feeds the 12v charging wire from the RV harness. OEM Jeep wiring harness runs the brake lights from RV. The battery is disconnected from the rest of the vehicle while towing. (Because I chose to disconnect the battery - I did need the extra brake switch... CW claimed I could just leave the Jeep battery connected - but I preferred to follow Jeep's recommendation.)

No issue with anything being in the way when driving the Jeep normally... would never know its there. The unit is under the seat. The only thing visible from the outside is the small 'break away' activator - connects via cable to RV while towing (along with 'monitor' light wire).

I liked not having to move things around and set up each time.. and one less thing to store at home and on the road... that it uses the Jeep's power brakes vs the dead pedal... that it ONLY brakes when I use the RV brakes (didn't want a sensor engaging the the toad brakes if I (or cruise) was using engine braking to slow us down) - and only brakes for 15 seconds (unless I release the pedal and brake again).
While I certainly notice the 3000+ pound addition on acceleration and hills - I have never noticed it at all on braking.

More work if I change vehicles certainly.. but I expect there is a lot of life left in the Jeep... I'd have to decide whether to try to move - or just replace... Guessing I would replace at that point.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum