Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Pricing
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 03:43 PM   #1
Walker

Brand: DRV
Model: Memphis
State: South Dakota
THOR #2341
Pricing

We are fulltimer RV'ers having been on the road for 3 years in our current Carrilite, but are considering swapping around RV's. So here's our question.
Have a question about pricing-
Most of the DRV dealers that advertise on the web have a "MSRP" price shown and then a "Sale" price shown.
When running the numbers it seems that the Sale price is 30% or so off the MSRP price.
Did most of you take another 30% off the Sale price for your offer?

We are interested in the new Fulhouse line. MSRP numbers seem to be in the $170k mark.... with the "Sale" price in the high $120's- low $130's.

If I take an additional 30% off the Sale price then a sales lot demo unit becomes affordable, where a custom ordered unit is still out of reach.
And the unit is new enough that there is no NADA values to work off of.
We talked with one dealer and priced out a trailer with the options we would Like- wishlist style and the quoted price actually went into the mid $180k range .
So, is anyone willing to tell me the "secret" of these negotiations? PM me if you don't want it to be public info.

With our current Carrilite, I had the NADA values to work with. I worked off the "Low" price and bought about $400 above that with some extra's in the deal.
We do have a second pic for an alternative, a Grand Design, but the owners forum isn't giving me many warm fuzzy feelings reading about all the issues their having. From junk tv's and stereo's to freezing pipes this winter. A maxed optioned 397TH Grand Design is about $118k before any % off. We do realize that a GD does NOT compare to a DRV but it the next in line in the toy-hauler quality build arena

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum