Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Pricing
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 07:20 PM   #3
dapperdan

Brand: DRV
Model: 38RSSA
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3221
When we decided to "pull the trigger" on our DRV we talked to a salesperson at a dealership in IL, we were given a MSRP price list with all the goodies we wanted on it. After talking to the dealer we went to DRV for a factory tour just to see if these trailers were built like they claimed. First off I believe they are, are they perfect? Not hardly but way better than what we were in at that time. The sales manager in Howe told us not to be too scared of the MSRP prices as there was "a lot of wiggle room" there, those were his words not mine. The sales guy at DRV then called our dealer to tell him we're serious about buying and that we were very serious buyers. Sounds corny right? Well when we go back we sat down with our salesman and started haggling and low and behold the price on just about everything on our build list began to fall. The MSRP prices are pretty inflated IMHO!

That was our experience, we got what we thought was a decent price on our DRV and also on what we were given on trade for our old unit.

I have heard a lot of good things about two major DRV dealers in the country, one in Oklahoma and one in Kansas. If I were buying another DRV I'd look into those dealers. One thing we found out, DRV doesn't have that many dealers around the country so they negotiate warranty work with RV people in the area you're in at the time of need.

Best advice would be to shop around and don't be afraid to travel to get your Suites.

Dan

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.