Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 02:10 AM   #11
Yosemitebob

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 33SW, Diesel
State: Washington
THOR #3195
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post

The only difference I noticed with battery connected vs disconnected is that the 'high mount' third brake light on the jeep only activates when the battery is connected - and then only for the time the invisibrake is active (max 15 seconds). That light isn't activated with battery disconnected (OEM wiring harness to power Jeep brake lights.)
I do disconnect the battery - but keep the key in my pocket.
Trans in Park with Transfer Case Neutral (mine is automatic obviously).
I talked to the tech guys at the dealer, not the service writer, and he thinks, it's easier to write it up for all than to write separate manuals. But he did say no you don't need the key in for a manual trans. He didn't say anything about the third brake light, that is interesting. I'll have to check that one out.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum