Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 07:20 PM   #12
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Quote:
Originally Posted by gosman View Post
The diesels with the 10k pulling power are really for people with a horse trailer or something they want to pull. It is over kill for the average city slicker!
yeah, I don't think I agree with that
well, yes, partially true
but
for the bigger class c coaches they put the e-450 chassis very close to their limits with just an average load

My 31L for example
with no trailer at all, if I were to fill up the water and waste tanks (which are too small) along with my normal load of gasoline, groceries, family, and stuff my rear axle has met it's limit... and that's before any trailer at all is added.... even a little jet ski or similar would be tough to balance into the load.

The similar floor plan on the F-550 chassis offers larger waste tanks along with the ability to load it up normally and still be able to handle a tow of some sort....
I would have gone that way for sure, had i had the budget

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.