Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 10:30 PM   #12
John & Diane

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Ohio
THOR #989
Hi Garry & Tara, The table I made is 24"x38" with a 3 1/2"x13" section taken out of the one corner. And as you guessed, I did that to make getting to the drivers seat a little easier. I hit my hip too many times on the original table. I probably didn't need to do that since there is more room behind the drivers seat because of the shorter length.
When I was measuring the table this morning I opened up the bed to check out how I would proceed with moving the base like you did. I think I too will remove the bed frame. Did you replace the foam in both cushions? What type of foam should I use? There are several Amish shops in the area that should be able to modify the long cushion for me. On special or unusual jobs they prefer you buy the materials since they don't stock too much.
While I'm moving the base, I am going to put a blank cover on the existing outlet move the outlet to the right front of the coach where we can reach it easier. I'm too old to get on my knees to reach under the table every time I need to plug something in. I may also add an outlet about 16" off the floor on the wall below outside of the bathroom, below the control panel. I have to check with the wife on that one.
If you need more pictures or measurements of the medicine cabinet let me know, happy to help.
John & Diane

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum