Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2016, 09:47 PM   #9
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
It is difficult to see. When you get your Vegas, you will see how small that compartment is. The small Clean Dump pump fits in the back left corner of the compartment, on its side with the feet toward the wall. It actually fits quite nicely with the feet bolted thru the wall. The difficulty comes in turning the hose from the coach discharge pipe to end of the pump. It does not turn 90 degrees in that short a distance (the width of the compartment. I had to cut the front left hand corner and about 1/3 of the left wall off to turn the hose. Then I bought a heavy duty plastic container that just fit over the hole and screwed it to the outside of the compartment, covering the hole. I ran a wire directly across the coach to the battery.
On the next installation I am going to see if a 90 degree turn plastic pipe elbow will turn in that small a space. If it will, it should be easier than cutting the compartment apart. Two other things. I drilled a hole in the back wall right behind the pump so the I could get a screwdriver into the front of the pump to unstick it if something gets jammed in the pump. Easier than taking the pump out. I also cut a hole in the bottom of the compartment underneath the connection of the hose to the discharge pipe. That connection is an easy off 1/2 turn piece so that if the pump fails, you can easily disconnect it and use a regular hose. In 5 years, I have never had it happen, but it is a good back up.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum