Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 02:59 PM   #6
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Another option which you might consider is "neither". Of course, it all depends on how you use your RV. If you go and sit someplace for a week, then I can see towing a vehicle. In our 4 month, 15,000 mile trip this summer, there were only a few times that we really felt we needed a car. Those times, we rented one for a few days. In Alaska we rented a jeep for a couple of days to take some back roads that were impassable with our RV. When you look at the cost of the towed vehicle (wear and tear) , the dolly and maintenance, and the extra fuel cost and wear and tear in the RV, I figure I saved a whole lot of money, not to mention the wear and tear on me, by renting the few times I really needed it. I've trailered 20' power boats and second cars half way across country, and driving the RV without a tow is a lot more pleasant. The Axis is small enough and easy enough to unhook and hookup, that you can take it shopping or to dinner. Just something you might want to consider. When we examined replacing our Vegas, size was a determining factor.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum