Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 05:11 PM   #5
Beacher

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
...I suspect its purely marketing speak,...
No, no, no! That cannot be! The Trillion dollar/year advertising/marketing industry and all the financial think tanks in Washington DC are at stake with that kinda thinking.

You must accept that "touring" means special and worth many extra dollars, resistance is futile. You will come around.

As a wee lad, I once owned a "touring" Nishiki Olympic 10-speed bicycle. The bike shop owner said it was the least expensive Nishiki bike in the shop, with a heavy frame, heavy components, and you could add saddle bags and go "touring"! I asked why the more expensive bikes did not say "touring" on them or the brochure. He said that those that know what they are doing, will know which bike they want to actually go "touring" on, (the most expensive lightest models).

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.