Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 08:26 PM   #1
JDHoge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 31F
State: Georgia
THOR #631
Towed Brake Systems Question

Dear Members,
I've been doing some internet and face to face research on different systems to use as supplemental brakes for our Ford Focus. I've looked at Brake Buddy, Invisibrake, and others such as Ready Brute tow bars that incorporate a supplemental brake system as a part of their tow bars (this is a slide and cable system that is quite simple).
But I'm wondering now, how to any of these systems operate without the power brakes being activated? Do they just apply more force? The towed motor isn't running and in my case the battery must be disconnected, so I don't see how any system, including Brake Buddy could operate without applying some pretty strong force to the brake pedal.
I'd appreciate any input you may have.
John
Athens, GA

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum