Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 01:04 PM   #5
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Cool a MKZ Hybrid is a "little brother" to my C-Max Energi (you have a smaller battery and no plug)--well ok its the Fusion's sister but still all 3 have the exact same powertrain (at least the Hybrid's do, the Energi models add a bunch of stuff so that they can run only on electric; like a vacuum pump to keep a vacuum in the system without having to start the ICE, and electric A/C, etc.).

So far I've been getting 36-40 mpg when running in hybrid mode (this low figure is most likely due to the fact that I'm using hybrid mode for heat since its been cold here lately). Overall my C-Max is reporting 66+ mpg but that is a cheat as it completely ignores the fact that it gets about 1/2 of its motive power from the wall for the routes I take.

Hey see if you have the Engineering Test mode on yours: Before starting it hold down the left "Ok" on the steering wheel. While still holding it down press the start button (without the brake). The dash should go into engineering test mode. You can then start it normally and cycle through a bunch of extra displays (all lights test, engine RPM display, battery charge level, etc.). To get it out of engineering test mode simply shut off the car. This works on my C-Max but it didn't on my Focus Electric (also works on my father's C-Max which is 2 years older than mine).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum