Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 04:39 PM   #7
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov
The other study looked at TCO against the non-hybrid versions over time and found the MKZ Hybrid is actually cheaper to own than the non-hybrid version.
That TCO calculation is highly dependent on fuel, electricity prices and the mix of use (if you only drive 10 miles a day you'll be on electricity only all the time). In my case I still have the time-of-day rates I used for the Focus Electric. Thus running on electricity only costs me next to nothing if I charge overnight (which the car is programmed to do; $0.035/kWh vs $0.14/kWh in the daytime).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov
For towing the MKZ Hybrid at just under 3800 pounds is about 160 pounds heavier than the Fusion Hybrid but about 200 pounds lighter than the Fusion Energi. At that weight I don't have to clean out the wife's closet to stay under GCWR.
Interesting: my C-Max is also 3800 lbs (200-300 lbs more than my Focus and my wife's Escape). I would expect the hybrid versions to not weigh in as much due to the smaller battery. The C-Max body must be lighter than the Fusion/MKZ body. (I'd also expect the MKZ to be heavier than the Fusion simply because its a Lincoln: heavier seats, thicker glass, that moon roof alone weighs more than a sheet of metal, etc.)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum