Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 01:39 AM   #5
bevedfelker

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Ford does align the chassis at the factory. But the E-350 and E-450s are going to have a heavy body put on it by someone other than Ford whether delivery van, ambulance, or RV. The Ford warranty wording is very specific -- they (Ford) will conduct a front end alignment free of charge during the first 12000 miles or 12 months. That is irrespective of the one they did before the stripped chassis left the factory.

Here is what I did. I called Ford customer service and asked them for the closest commercial Ford truck dealer near me. I called that dealer and read them the paragraph from my warranty guide. The service manager said indeed they will perform a front end alignment free under warranty as long as I come in before the 12000/12month period is over. I told him I would bring the RV in when the 7500 mile oil change service is due and have them do the front end alignment.

The reason for finding a commercial Ford truck service is to ensure they have the right equipment. I doubt any RV dealer has the proper Ford alignment equipment for a E-350/450 chassis.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.