Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 04:56 AM   #20
Baddad53

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.3
State: California
THOR #2526
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
Reference comment about melting mud flap on passenger side:

I had seen the same comments in the forum before I picked up my 2015 Vegas 24.1. In checking my Vegas, I noticed there are two metal extensions sticking out in front of my mud flap. It is obvious that the intention was for the mud flap to be between these two metal extensions, not behind them. I removed the mud flap and slid it between the two extensions and reattached the mud flat. It now lacks flexibility to blow back against the hot tailpipe. I have over 5000 miles on the coach and there is no sign of the mud flap melting.
Yes Thor added the two metal bars which the Mud flap goes between to hold them. You can not see them in the picture as its mounted higher on the flap. Still burned the flap. Perhaps they mounted it too high on the fender wall. If the factory worker had no context as to why the brackets were needed ...they may have mounted them too high.
Baddad53 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum