Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 02:22 AM   #1
retromike

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.2
State: Florida
THOR #682
Angry Miramar 2014 Washer Dryer Install

Guys and Gals,

I know i have posted some topics on different problems with the Miramar 34.2 model. So I might as well continue to give a heads up to anyone who is contemplating putting in a Washer Dryer Combo.
First the Miramar is pre wired and plumbed for the installation. But as I found out when I went to install it myself is that when you open up the wall all your plumbing and wiring is at the bottom left hand side where noone would ever be able to turn the valves.
I removed and reinstalled the receptacles and plumbing to the top above the washer for easy access.
I installed the Slendid 2700 vented washer Dryer combo which required drilling a vent hole which went great.
I checked all connections to both the washer and to the motorhome along with drainage. Wife ran 3 loads and all is great,
Went outside later in day and drained black tanks and while cleaning them i observed a small drop of water hit me in the arm coming from above which is the slider near the Washer, I immediately said omg what luck that it happened while I was there.
I proceeded to go inside and check all connections that i had made, no leaks?
So i proceeded to open the foldout sofa and look underneath where there is additional plumbing and WALA there are 4 connections that were not even close to being tight. Needless to say spent alot of tome on my head upside down trying to get them secure and 2 hours with a hairdryer to dry out carpet.
Moral if anyone is going to do the install check every connection possible in home. This is the 3rd leak and or plumbing problem I have had to repair. THOR no where to be found when it comes to QC.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.