Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Waxed the Vegas
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 03:35 AM   #8
bevedfelker

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Steve:

My wife and I love out Vegas. We have 5000 miles on it after buying it this past Aug. We've camped about 40 nights in it.

We are both retired. I'm 72 and she is 70. We take our 15 lb Teddy Bear breed dog with us. We find it is the perfect size for us. When we camp we like to be outdoors so we don't spend a lot of time in the RV just watching TV.

The shower in the 24.1 is really tiny. But after 40 nights of showering twice a day we've gotten to the point that its size doesn't bother us any more. We like the twin bed configuration in the 24.1. We find the mattresses to be very comfortable (we both like hard mattresses) even without any topper. One of the first thing I noticed about the Vegas 24.1 was its storage capacity. I'm rather amazed at the amount of storage space in the interior cabinets. The outside storage accommodates the chairs, table, gar grill, ground cover, etc. that we carry with us. We like the double folding door on the bath and the dressing area it provides. We are very careful with the two latches though so they don't crack or break. We do not use the table that goes in front of the couch. We find it takes up too much space in the kitchen and impedes movement in the coach. We find the table that fits between the two captain chairs is more than adequate for coffee or even the meals we eat inside. We ordered it with the optional 15K airconditioning, and my wife is able to get the temp down to meat locker levels even here in Florida. It handles great and we've driven it in cities with no problems. It's size is perfect in congested driving.

We've had very few quality control issues. Our dealer has been great and support from Thor has been outstanding. Our biggest issue was a stress crack in the windshield; but, Thor sent a new windshield to the dealer to replace under warranty.

Your post said you are comparing Vegas/Axis and the Ace. The Ace is much larger and gives you all the bells and whistles, to include size, that you'd expect in a Class A. But we are minimalists, and the Vegas fits our needs and life style perfectly.

One piece of advice regardless of what model or manufacturer you might buy. Research the dealership SERVICE carefully. Even though you might find a dealer with a great price, you are going to find that service after the sale is what really matters. There are threads on this forum of owners having their RVs in the dealership for MONTHS waiting to have work performed on their RV.

If you decide on the Vegas or Axis, send me an email at bevedfelker@live.com and I'll send you an Owners' manual and set of checklists I compiled and developed to augment the rather generic manual that Thor provides. And of course, any questions you have the answer is readily available from any of the great folks you'll find here on this forum.

Here is another picture taken in the Hershey Park Campground when we were up in PA this past Sep for the Hershey RV show.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hersgey Park Campground.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	1440  
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum