Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 12:52 PM   #14
DocMike

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
All,

This if from my experience this past August and is on another thread here on the Forum:

"Totally different topic but; I have seen your name on some earlier Posts pertaining to on trying to get a Front end Alignment work done under warranty. My problem is excessive play (back and forth) in the steering wheel at Highway Speeds. It was noted during the PDI back in May. Well, today I received the following clarification from Thor Warranty Division:
1. If the problem is Toe-in/Toe-out it is covered by Thor but for a very limited time following purchase and only up to a set amount.
2. If the problem is Caster or Camber then it is to be covered by Ford Warranty.
3. I must get the work done, pay for it, then send in a copy of the bill along with a copy of the Specs both before and after."

"I have an appointment to get it done locally at a (namebrand) Truck and Tire Alignment Shop...any specific suggestions as to what to mention to the mechanic? The Ford Dealership near my RV Dealer does not do RV work and the next nearest Ford Dealership said Ford has no Warranty on Front End work (I have the 2015 Manual, and even printed out page 14 that states one year coverage). I do not think they were interested."

When I got the Alignment done (Clark Truck and Tire Alignment Shop) just the Toe in was incorrect. They fixed that, I sent the bill to Thor and got reimbursed. The drive was improved then I added the Safe-T-Plus stabilizer and it is back to finger tip steering and smooth sailing.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum