Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 02:15 PM   #16
OldArmyJeep

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.1
State: Delaware
THOR #3746
We've experience the exact same symptoms with intermittent propane fuel supply the first winter we owned the coach. Our dealer thought the problem might be a faulty fuel regulator but the problem disappeared completely as soon as the daytime temps rose above freezing. A faulty gas regulator was NOT the problem.

During those periods of interrupted operation (furnace quitting, low flame on gas stove, etc.), I experimented with wrapping the regulator (at the tank) with pipe insulation wrap. Then I gently heated the area with a hair dryer on low setting. This was enough to get the furnace working again and full gas flow to the stove. My conclusion: Moisture in the propane from either the factory or from the dealer. (Note: The dealer stated that they've had NO complaints from any of their other propane customers so the finger points to this happening at the factory).

We've been using the propane now for a year after this incident with no problems. Hopefully, the moisture is depleted....... Joe

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum