Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 02:50 PM   #1
04stroker6.0

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Utah
THOR #3733
dual 6 volt possible??

Hi, i have searched for days and cannot find any specific information for converting to dual 6 volt batteries and supporting the weight

2011 fourwinds majestic 28a on a E-450 chassis with the v10

what i am trying to find out is if the stock battery holder can support the weight of dual 6v batteries about 120lbs total, it has a slide out tray with room for 1 31 group 12v battery. It has two steel plates that are bolted to the bottom of the motorhome that create the sides that the sliding rail bolt to, i cannont find what the plates are bolted to to (some say its bolted to just some sheet aluminum) but its all covered with sheet aluminum and i cant see from the top because the heater is there. I really dont want to remove the heater to find out.
my plan is to just weld a steel plate across the bottom of the two sides and make a hold down for the batteries and get rid of the slide part.

Would this work or am i overloading the hanger? does anyone have experience with this on a majestic 28a?

Thanks for any help!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.