Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 07:32 PM   #27
neeliec

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Arizona
THOR #2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by neeliec View Post
We have a 2015 F53 Ford chassis on our 2016 Hurricane. Our Warranty Guide says exactly the same thing, on the same page numbers.

I am currently in touch with Ford Motorhome Customer Assistance, trying to find a Ford dealer or authorized shop in our area that could do an alignment for us. So far, they haven't found one within an hour's drive...she is still searching.

Not sure if we will be successful in getting our alignment covered by Ford, but we'll give it a try anyway. We're still within the 12 month/12000 mile window.
Posting an update on my search for somewhere to get an alignment on our Hurricane.

This has been a very frustrating and confusing experience!

I called Ford Motorhome Customer Service and asked the young woman to help me find a Ford dealer near me that could perform an alignment on our 29' class A RV.

She did some searching (based on ZIP) and got back with me a short time later. Results were disappointing. Our local Ford dealer cannot accommodate our RV. Another Ford dealer about 70 miles west could not do it because their rack is broken. Another Ford dealer a little farther away could not accommodate our rig.

She asked if I wanted her to check farther away and I said yes. She got back with me regarding 2 more Ford dealers in Tucson - again, neither can do work on the F53 motorhome chassis.

I told her I'd be willing to travel farther (like to Phoenix - 3-4 hours depending on what side of town) and that I'd take it upon myself to contact some Ford dealers in that area later.

She did say that if the work (under warranty) was performed by an "outside" vendor, Ford would NOT pick up the cost unless something was broken, defective or otherwise the fault of the manufacturer...and of course that would require documentation.

I told her that didn't seem too fair that since it was almost impossible to find a Ford authorized shop anywhere within 200-300 miles of us that would do the work.

So in the meantime, I've called another couple Ford dealers in the greater Phoenix area - no luck.

I then called the RV dealer in Tucson where we bought the coach. They don't do alignments, but referred me to a Ford dealer and an outside shop. The Ford dealer doesn't do the alignments, but referred me to an outside shop. They will do it for around $260.

The other outside shop I was referred to does alignments and estimated the cost at $150. Not sure why there is such a big difference in price between the two shops.

So at this point I don't see any way for us to get this elusive "free" alignment under the warranty guidelines of Ford Motor Company. Our 12 month window will be up mid-May.

I'm just so surprised at the lack of authorized Ford dealers that can work on the F53 chassis.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.