Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 10:15 PM   #1
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
2016 Axis shower caulk

This is not a major issue and actually may be no issue at all, but I am manic about trying to keep water from getting behind the walls and rotting wood or causing mildew. If I get mildew in a coach, I will never hear the end of it and will probably end up selling it.
When I crawled into the shower in my new 2016 Axis today to see if everything was caulked correctly, I found that the wall under the sink, where it connects to the shower pan, was open. there is a 1" high hole the whole length from the wall to the front of the sink. This hole does not go into the cabinet beneath the sink, but rather under the sink cabinet to the flooring. In addition in the back corner of the shower pan the curve of the shower pan is also open to the space behind the shower. You can stick your fingers up the hole. I say that this may not be a big issue, because there is a lip that runs all around the shower pan that should keep water from running up into those holes and behind the spaces under the sink and behind the shower. I filled both holes with white silicone caulk anyway, just to be safe.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum